Total Pageviews

Friday 15 January 2010

Hello!

I've set up this page primarily as a place where I can post my creative ramblings; last week I attended my first meeting of the Leeds Writers Group and have been inspired by them to get writing and sharing my work. Fingers crossed this will give me the motivation to pick up a pen on a regular basis!

A little bit of background about me - I'm an accountant by day which is certainly not a profession where creativity is embraced! I have a BA English degree from University College London, from which I graduated in 2005, and have always loved reading, writing and literary criticism. I also enjoy music and play flute, piccolo, piano and saxophone to varying standards. I play flute in Phoenix concert band, which is a Leeds based ensemble drawing players from across the region, and I also attend weekly singing classes at Leeds College of Music. In between all this I enjoy spending time relaxing with my husband, travelling and reading the Sunday papers!

Life changed a bit last year when I was hospitalised with deep vein thrombosis - as a healthy 20 something i'd always assumed I was infallable, but 8 nights in a nhs hospital and a month off work definitely gave me a different perspective on life. Four months on and I've still got a long way to go - I'm still in pain most days and a scan last week revealed the clot is still there and stretches from above my groin to below my left knee. It might go, it might not - the important thing is that it's stable, and I'm on medication that should stop any further problems for now. Am scared at the thought of coming off the Warfarin later in the year but that's a bridge I'll have to cross when I come to it. Hopefully that'll be the last you hear about my health on here - am optimistic that 2010 will be a good year, hopefully free of dramas and characterised not by illness but by fun, friends, family, foreign shores, food and all round fulfilment.
And hopefully not too much unnecessary alliteration.

No comments:

Post a Comment